What is carbon monoxide?

Carbon monoxide (CO) is an invisible, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s created by insufficient fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your residence, appliances that rely on natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are vulnerable. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed wrong.

Vehicle exhaust fumes from neighboring garages, as well as fireplaces that aren’t working right could also be a carbon monoxide source. CO is toxic to the body and is deadly at heightened levels or with prolonged exposure.