Stopping it from happening is the most important place to start. Taking correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in West Palm Beach.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours on in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t run ovens or grills as heating sources. These appliances are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when run for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it makes fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a pro. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t clogged and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working correctly, particularly your heating system. You can ensure efficient, safe operation by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.