Stopping it from happening is the most crucial place to begin. Taking correct safety precautions will decrease your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning in West Palm Beach.
Here are a few steps you can take to protect your family:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours going in the restricted space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used properly but can produce carbon monoxide when on for a long period of time in little spaces.
- Don’t use a gas generator indoors, as it produces fumes.
- Have your chimney checked by a specialist. This verifies chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected properly.
- Check gas appliances are working accurately, particularly your heater. You can ensure efficient, safe heating by requesting yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.