Your HVAC system is vital to a sense of comfort and healthy indoor air. The furnace and air conditioner work around the clock in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your home's indoor air. Many homeowners take these features for granted until they're suddenly left without them. If your air conditioning has ever stopped working on a sweltering summer day, or the furnace has stopped working during a blizzard, you know what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wants to deal with last minute repairs, a spike in energy bills or home comfort problems. What if you had a way to guarantee an uninterrupted source of clean, conditioned air when you need it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in. Like getting an oil change for your car, regularly scheduled tune-ups are a must for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should consider applying for an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Your membership takes the guesswork out of HVAC service by supplying routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other benefits. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't mandatory to request tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly recommend signing up. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busier, so it’s easy to forget about requesting furnace maintenance in the fall and air conditioning maintenance before the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll be sent friendly reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re unsure of why HVAC maintenance is so important, take a look at these benefits:
- Uncover small problems early: Issues with your heating and cooling often progress slowly. When a technician inspects the internal components annually, it’s possible to locate and fix small problems before they grow to be big headaches.
- Lower the risk of breakdowns: By tightening that loose fan belt and evening out the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the chance of an unexpected breakdown decreases.
- Lower repair costs: Routine HVAC maintenance is an affordable, predictable amount that eliminates the need for many major repairs.
- Increase energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can enhance HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, bringing down your heating and cooling bills simultaneously.
- Boost home comfort: When your HVAC system performs the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for even temperatures and more balanced humidity throughout the house.
- Extend the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can survive for years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on untimely replacement equipment.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is working like it's supposed to.
- Maintain your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance to such a degree that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in upkeep now protects you from pricey repairs that your warranty would otherwise cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance plan puts you at the front of the line when you request an emergency repair. You can usually expect same-day service—even during nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Planning on replacing your home comfort system? An HVAC maintenance plan allows access to the most rapid installs feasible, even during the busiest times of year.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Routine maintenance reduces the need for repair work, but if your system needs some professional attention, having an HVAC maintenance plan entitles you to a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, like pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are sometimes necessary, but they can get pricey fast. Luckily, with an HVAC maintenance plan, you’ll never pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour visits.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you be sure the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the final product leave you dissatisfied, the technician will return to set things right.
Register for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Consider what each plan offers and work with our staff to help you choose the ideal plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to address any questions you have before signing up. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to schedule a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.