The Importance of Home Water Filtration and Purification
When you turn the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you're expecting clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water appears clear, it might still carry toxic chemicals that pose a threat to your family’s health and safety. A lot of people do not like the taste of polluted tap water and understand the risks of drinking it. That’s why half of all American households use either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to guarantee they have safe drinking water at home.
If you want to protect your family’s well-being, you might first opt for trying the bottled water route. But of course, this gets pricey fast. Additionally, plastic water bottles that aren't recyclable end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and killing marine life.
Installing a whole-house water filtration system is more practical and cleaner for the environment than using so much bottled water. It may also deliver healthier water more conveniently because you can get it straight from the tap. What's more, whole-house systems provide purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, allowing you to maximize the benefits anywhere you use water at home.
Before putting in a whole-house water filter, learn what’s in your drinking water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can eliminate unhealthy contaminants. Then, choose Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you pick out and install the right water filter for you.
What’s in Your Drinking Water?
Water quality varies by location, but a few of the most likely contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what’s in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG data shows that greater than 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America have tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, demonstrating that lawful water quality levels aren't necessarily safe.
Consider Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and harmful chemicals from your tap water, furnishing you and your family with safe, clean water to drink. Here are the perks of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a sure sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Comprised of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment naturally occurs and can accumulate in the water main following severe storms. While typically harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax includes sediment filtration to remove solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is vital to clean drinking water in dense cities. However, this disinfectant creates harmful chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic compounds in the water. Certain DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are shown to cause cancer. Filtermax gets rid of these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of adding putting in any water filtration solution. Besides being safer for your family to drink, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more constant metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more cloudy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin when you shower and stick to your clothing and dishes when you clean them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so worthwhile because it provides clean water from every tap.
- No operating costs or wasted water: Some whole-house filtration systems add to your electric bills. Others increase your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax proves that healthy water doesn’t have to bring higher utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Depending on your plumbing system’s structure, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor includes both designs to satisfy your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you can be sure your investment will keep providing clean, quality drinking water for many years to come.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, including the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to reduce water hardness, clear out bacteria or take care of dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is quick, simple and backed by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that matches your needs and budget.