Air conditioners don’t last forever, no matter the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in West Palm Beach, you might be thinking—should you also request furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few things to consider, in addition to the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer prior to making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically delay it.
- What type of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are swapping out their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners depend on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the correct amount of air to keep your home comfy. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and give the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation difficult? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your budget if you install both units at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the band-aid fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll get these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything runs at the greatest efficiency, making your residence more comfortable and reducing your monthly heating and cooling bills.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. Meanwhile, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have covered a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at the same time. And you might even qualify for an exclusive deal as you’re bundling new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your full system might stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our stress-free Advantage Program™. You can enjoy a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one reasonable monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are taken care of!*
You can relax knowing that our team is thoroughly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 561-629-1826 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.