Air conditioners don’t last forever, regardless of the brand or quality. If you’re getting ready for air conditioning replacement in West Palm Beach, you might be thinking—should you also book furnace replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are a few things to consider, plus the advantages of avoiding a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer in advance of making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners last for about 15 years. If your furnace is more than a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it alongside your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can typically delay it.
- What model of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are replacing their old, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This conserves energy and maximizes comfort by operating at several speeds. Air conditioners rely on the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you have a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to get a new one to enjoy the total comfort and perks of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the appropriate air flow? Your furnace needs to circulate the right amount of air to keep your home comfy. A modern air conditioner might call for a different indoor coil. So, it’s critical your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and make the proper suggestion.
- Is the installation tricky? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your budget if you get new systems at the same time.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Together
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are adequately sized, there aren’t typically any major immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is often a stopgap until the other system fails. You can skip the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll enjoy these advantages:
- Better efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll ensure everything works at the greatest efficiency, making your family more comfortable and reducing your monthly heating and cooling expenses.
- Decreased HVAC repairs: If you buy a new AC but keep the old furnace, you never know when it might break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a modern furnace.
- Possible discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at once. And you might even be eligible for an exclusive deal since you’re getting new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can rely on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the cost of replacing your full system can stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special offers or our headache-free Advantage Program™. You can receive a new, high-efficiency unit at no money down and just one small monthly cost. And all maintenance and repairs in the future are covered!*
You can relax knowing that our team is completely trained, experienced and NATE-certified to guarantee a job well done. Plus, we offer a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 561-629-1826 to book an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.