Summer is usually a hectic time of year for many people in West Palm Beach. Whether it’s a family reunion, an extended vacation or any number of other fun activities, summer not only brings about full schedules, but that dreaded West Palm Beach heat as well.
We know you’ve already handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to keep cool during those days where you can’t escape to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has a few suggestions:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the West Palm Beach heat is a requirement. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve handled all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you never have to worry about it going out in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 561-629-1826 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is operating at its best in the West Palm Beach heat.
- Stay in an air conditioned area as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a short break and take advantage an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, do it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a break as it can also be an early warning of dehydration or another heat-related illness.
- Take special measures when organizing outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the West Palm Beach temperatures are cooler.
- Dress to stay cooler in hot temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than normal. It can help you cool down a bit faster so you can get back to enjoying your home’s air conditioning.