Whether you add a sunroom, family room or other space to your residence, being cozy in your new area throughout the year is important. However, they can create a unique situation for comfort. This is due to the fact extending ductwork is pricey. And that your heating and cooling system may not be work properly with the increased load, because it was sized without including the addition.
One of the most reasonably priced options is to install a mini-split. This system delivers energy-efficient heating and cooling, with no ductwork required. Discover more about mini-splits and how installing one in your addition might be a great solution.
All About Mini-Splits and How They Operate
A ductless mini-split, since they’re much like ducted heat pumps that southern homeowners have relied on for decades.
Heat pumps are extremely energy efficient since they transfer heat to make your room comfier. In reality, many have achieved ENERGY STAR® certification, which could make you eligible for added rebates and lower your heating and cooling costs for many years.
Another exclusive feature includes zoned heating and cooling. Since each room usually has an individual indoor unit, you can select your preferred temperature from room to room. As an instance, a mini-split AC is extremely helpful if you have a area with special temperature needs, like a home gym.
Why a Mini-Split is Worth It for Your Room
Installing a mini-split system is worth it for spaces that don’t have ductwork. Here are several reasons why it’s smarter than adding ductwork and leaning on your existing heating and cooling system.
- Installing ductwork is pricey. Installing ductwork in your new addition can be expensive. Although the exact figure will depend on your house, it could be thousands of dollars.
- Your existing home comfort system may become stressed. When your existing heating and cooling system was installed, it was based on the square footage of your house before the addition. This may stress your system and make it wear down more rapidly.
- Your comfort could be impacted. Because your heating and cooling system is sized for specific square footage, your comfort may be reduced if your system is required to take care of a bigger area. Your heating and cooling could be less efficient, and your energy costs could skyrocket due to the system needing to operate more often.
What Size Mini-Split You Should Install
Like traditional systems, mini-splits are offered in varying sizes based on the square footage they’ll be heating and cooling. Here are three of the most popular sizes:
- 400-650 square feet – 12,000 BTU mini-split
- 600-1,000 square feet – 18,000 BTU mini-split
- 800-1,300 square feet – 24,000 BTU mini-split
When you partner our Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we’ll help you select the correct size for your new addition. And your price point.
An ENERGY STAR mini-split unit can generate sizable energy savings over its life span, which can be 20 years or longer when routinely tuned up. ENERGY STAR says having one can save you 60% on heating and 30% on cooling, in comparison with an electric heating system and conventional air conditioner.
Trust Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for Your Mini-Split Installation
From answering all your questions and helping you select the ideal model to providing Expert mini-split installation, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning can take care of all your mini-split needs. If you’re thinking about a home addition or recently finished one, we can help. Give us a call at 561-629-1826 today to request a free consultation and estimate.