Imagine it’s a sweltering hot summer day, and your air conditioning abruptly breaks down. You make phone calls for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps getting hotter and hotter while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. What a headache!
Properly timed air conditioner maintenance is an essential tool in preventing this situation. But how can you tell when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth scheduling an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t seem to have a problem? Find out why taking a proactive approach is the secret to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner functioning efficiently, HVAC specialists encourage servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, preventing potential concerns and lengthening its life span.
As for when to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the best time to get that done. This allows you to identify and repair developing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your air conditioning runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you never got around to scheduling AC service, don’t wait for another 12 months. When it comes to maximizing cooling performance with preventive maintenance, it’s better to give your system a checkup whenever you can.
What Does AC Service Entail?
An AC tune-up is a comprehensive process involving various steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not advisable. Here are some key aspects of the work you can expect to be done during a routine service appointment:
- Careful inspection: The technician looks over your AC unit for potential issues53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The technician uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other elements to ensure your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to reduce friction and lessen wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to encourage safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Replacing the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more efficiently. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your home every couple of months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your technician will run a test cycle to make sure the system starts, operates and shuts down the way it should.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many property owners wonder if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, routine air conditioner tune-ups promote better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less energy to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility costs and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s easy to spot potential issues early when a technician thoroughly inspects your air conditioning every spring. An easy repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid pricey and inconvenient breakdowns down the road.
- Increased air quality: A clean cooling system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car drive longer, regular AC service extends the life of your air conditioner, saving you on untimely replacement bills.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Air conditioning maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should consider it an investment, not an expense expenditure. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, sudden repairs or the cost of buying a new system.
To optimize your savings, give some thought to investing in a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and spending plan. You’ll enjoy several advantages no matter which one you pick, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include once-a-year AC tune-ups, ensuring your system remains in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, and additional discounts on new equipment.
- Repair guarantee: For your peace of mind, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one full year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Certainly, routine AC maintenance is very important for increasing performance and ensuring home comfort. Schedule your annual visit, ideally in the spring, to prevent breakdowns and appreciate numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts has long been the top choice, with certified professionals, complete maintenance plans and a laser-sharp focus on customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your residence cool and comfortable all year. To learn more or set up your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.