There are many fumes that could be within your West Palm Beach house. Natural gas and fumes that originate from residential furniture, flooring and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.
Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 561-629-1826 today to get started protecting your family against this dangerous gas.
Why is Carbon Monoxide so Poisonous?
Carbon monoxide might be a big deal, so it’s not a situation to take lightly.
1. You Can’t Smell It
Carbon monoxide is life-threatening because you aren’t able to see it, sense it with your nose or recognize it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in little concentrations and can’t be filtered.
2. It Can Be Deadly in Just a Few Minutes
Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can filter into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace fails. Based on how considerable the leak is and the circulation in a residence, carbon monoxide can become fatal in only a few minutes.
Once taken in, the gas has a half-life of around five hours. If you are taking in clean air, you will need five hours to get it out of your system. It will take an extra five hours to decrease that amount by half.
3. Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Can Mirror Other Illnesses
It may also mirror symptoms that can be misdiagnosed as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other illnesses.
How to Guard Your Home from Carbon Monoxide
There’s no reason to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.
Here are several things you can take to keep your house safe:
- Each residence with at least one gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace needs to have a carbon monoxide alarm. You need to have a sensor on each level of your house, including the basement and garage. You also should install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Aren’t using a carbon monoxide system in your home?
Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 561-629-1826 to purchase one. Ask our Experts about our reasonable Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
- If you already have a carbon monoxide system, frequently check or swap out the batteries. You should check batteries every three months, and replace the alarm every three to five years.
- If your carbon monoxide system goes off, leave your home without delay and call 911.
Keep Your Family Safe with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning
Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be scary, and with the recommended actions your loved ones can be protected from the hazardous gas. Take the precautions and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 561-629-1826 to learn more.