It’s cold outside. Most of the country is layering up for some below freezing temps. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, have a few HVAC and plumbing tips to help you avoid those cold weather emergencies.
- Disconnect exterior water connections.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow trickle in indoor bathrooms and sinks by exterior walls can keep pipes from freezing.
- Open up kitchen and bathroom cabinets underneath sinks to keep warm air circulating around pipes.
- Maintain an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those space heaters ready by testing them for proper operation.
- If you have vents shut in unused rooms, make sure you open them up.
- If your furnace is not heating, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give each of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick inspection.
Follow these easy tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then heat yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you’ve got questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.