Planning yearly AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioner unit in West Palm Beach operating at its top performance while keeping energy needs small. It also might even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are a couple things you can finish on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you prep for summer.
Get Your AC Tune-Up Set
Spring is a season of renewal, and to many that involves a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the toastier temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is a great season to get your air conditioning unit cleaned and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you have to schedule a fix or installation, you may be waiting a long time for a tech. And that may turn very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep may be required for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Service on My Own?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the best state:
- Change your air filter. Clogged filters block airflow and might decrease your equipment’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you deal with allergies or have pets in your residence.
- Lawn work by the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC equipment. We suggest keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or sticks that have dropped into your system, since this could block airflow.
Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 561-629-1826, the primary thing we may do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros start the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to deliver reliable cooling.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working like they should and potentially avoid issues.
- Flushing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-inducing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any blockage from dirt and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to double check your equipment is turning on, operating and turning off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that require further work, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible problems early can solve larger troubles down the road. This also gives you time to strategize if your equipment is aging.
When you are looking for a modern cooling system, our Experts will work with you to select the ideal equipment for your needs. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. Regardless of what your comfort needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Prepared to book your tune-up? Call us at 561-629-1826 or schedule an appointment online today.