Planning regular AC maintenance is useful.
Service keeps your air conditioning equipment in West Palm Beach running at its best performance while keeping energy needs down. It also might even help extend its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can finish on your own, you should work with Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC examinations and maintenance.
Here are a few steps you can do on your own as you prep for warm weather.
Get Your AC Maintenance Booked
Spring is a period of renewal, and to many that involves a big dose of indoors, garage and yard freshening. With the hotter temps right around the corner, it’s also a great idea to add AC tune-ups on that checklist.
Spring is the best season to get your air conditioning equipment cleaned and examined. Delaying to switch it on until the first sweltering day of the year can be dicey. If you have to have service or a new unit, you may be waiting a long time for a technician. And that could become very unpleasant.
And for allergy sufferers, being well prepared with a fresh AC system will help assure the best indoor air quality while it’s pollen season.
Plus, AC upkeep may be mandatory for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any extra extended warranty.
Can I Do Maintenance Alone?
There are steps that you can do to help keep your cooling system in the best order:
- Change your air filter. Filthy filters block airflow and might decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy advises each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your house.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Check the area is free of grass, weeds or bushes close to your AC equipment. We advise keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also remove any leaves or branches that have collected inside your system, since this could block airflow.
Let the Pros Handle the Rest
What’s left to do? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 561-629-1826, the primary thing we could do is compliment you for all the work you’ve already done. Then our pros start the finer details. We’ll examine your equipment and make sure it’s running properly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to provide secure comfort.
- Greasing to keep moving parts working effortlessly and potentially avoid issues.
- Rinsing the condensate drain line to eliminate leak-creating mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stop decreased airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to get rid of any accumulation from dust and vegetation.
- Inspecting controls to ensure your unit is switching on, operating and shutting off properly.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to make sure your equipment has the right refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that require further service, we are prepared to give you the most reasonable solution. Uncovering possible problems early can solve larger troubles later. This also gives you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will work with you to select the best equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new system more affordable. No matter what your AC needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts have you covered.
Need to request your checkup? Call us at 561-629-1826 or schedule an appointment online today.