Spring is great for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can open windows for fresh air and your energy bill is normally at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some tips for saving energy in West Palm Beach and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Schedule Yearly AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it work more efficiently and lower costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a big benefit for keeping your power charges down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly use your thermostat is the best way to lower energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Consider it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your residence at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Using a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you stew about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats pick up on your habits and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save on your bills. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional ideas will all help keep summer energy charges less expensive. If you conclude it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you find the best fit for your home. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.