Spring is wonderful for more than a few reasons: flowers start to bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your utility bill is often at its most economical. That’s because you’re not relying on your heater or air.
But as temperatures begin to rise, so do your energy costs. Here are some tips for saving energy in West Palm Beach and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it run more efficiently and reduce costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep power charges down.
If your air conditioning equipment has had better days, spring is a smart time to replace it. The energy-saving technology in updated air conditioning systems is a big plus in keeping your power charges down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s a straightforward way you can save up to 10% on heating and cooling costs. Just turn your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours each day.
Learning how to expertly work your thermostat is the smartest way to reduce energy costs in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outside temperatures and interior temperatures, the cheaper your cooling expense will be.
- When you’re out, set the thermostat to a considerably higher temperature or switch it off. There’s no reason to cool an empty residence.
3. Try Other Approaches to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your house at the right temperature:
- Use a ceiling fan—By using a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no decrease in comfort. Have your fan turn counterclockwise during the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This moves cool air more uniformly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds shut—Sunlight quickly transforms into heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not using sunny spaces.
4. Think About Getting a Smart Thermostat
You’re out and about and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you worry about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your habits and adjust the temp when you’re gone to help you save money. You can also adjust the thermostat from anywhere with your phone.
These professional tips will all help keep summer energy bills less expensive. If you think it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation, give us a call at 561-629-1826 or contact us online. We’ll help you find the best product for your house. And as usual, all our services are endorsed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.